Re: RE: RE: RE: Re: Rear end bench mechanics

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 00:27:41 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> That's the only vehicle left with that option. Durango and Dakota are back
> to the 8.25". At the dealership, the 9.25" series diff's (even on the new
> 1500's) were being changed/repaired on a daily basis. Never saw one 8.25"
> for repair - even on the older 318 Dakota's.
>
> It's too problematic and eats itself up at the carrier and pinion bearings.

I know the OLD one under my RamCharger is busy chewing itself to bits.

Drove it to work since the Dakota is in pieces and I swear the bearing
noise is getting louder. I'm wondering if it's going to make it that
350 miles to 200k without some bearing service.

--
MikeM
drivin' the Junk today (Friday), wheelin' the DD tomorrow!