Re: Still have broken brakes - need advice!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 21:02:50 EDT

> Hey, all I said was, (and it was NOT to you), are your caliper pins
> dragging...
> Get off my back. I don't care if you require some engineering explanation.
> Get over it. I have seen it happen to a Ford that I owned and to a Dodge
> Van that I owned. I don't know if we have opposite views or not, nor do I
> give a crap. I do not feel like detailing my experiences just for you. Bug
> off, just damn. You and Bernd were the ones that said, it could not happen
> , "unless"...I guess the "unless" happened to me. Geez, get a freakin life
> and get over yourself.
> Write to me offlist if you want but for cryingoutloud, relax....I was
> sharing an experience that I had. I was a mechanic for over 30 years, I did
> experience some things you likely would not nor would you believe it, but I
> don't care and neither should you.
>
> Just damn, really
>
> Rascal

err - well I'm sure anything is possible - but at least on my truck's
knuckles, the pin can't hit the rotor - pins are shouldered to prevent
threading too far.

Bearings are a possibility - but they are newish bearing units and I
would hope they arn't going out yet. Keep in mind I was a bonehead and
drove around in 4wheel Hi for three days this past winter and didn't
know it. This is why I am focused on the front driveline. I replaced the
CV shafts and that was not the problem, but the shafts needed to e
replaced anyway so I don't consider that money wasted.

As for the brakes - I'm going to try bleeding a 2nd time. But I seem
have more pressing problems - since the truck was parked almost two
months ago - the engine has developed some other damned problem. Won't
stay at idle, dies, misses under load. If I can't keep it running then
all this other stuff is pointless. I really need a new steering gearbox
too.

GDMFPOS.

Also - when I was jacking the truck up, the floor jack went up into the
frame too. Frame is rotting in another place I had not known before.

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *91* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/