Re: Re: Anyone w/ Carfax Account?

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 17:05:58 EDT

Mike Sykes wrote:

>>>If someone has an account and wouldn't mind running a check on a vin for
>
> me, I would appreciate it. Send me an email off-list.<<
>
> FWIW, carfax is 0 for 2 on cars that I've bought.... and 0 for 6 on cars
> that I've potentially bought. Out of 8 cars I've had checked, NONE of them
> have reported any damage, and all have been wrecked. Some even
> had -irrepairable damage like bent frames and misaligned doors, etc.... IMHO
> carfax is worthless.... =(
> wish I had something positive to say about it, but 0 for 8 isn't a good
> statistic

I agree that carfax is worthless, I've had it run on my truck every
chance I've gotten and all it shows up is the plating and title transfer
from the dealer to me and emissions and stuff.

I've got receipts for over $15k in accident damages (2 accidents) that
happened in the first year I owned the thing and carfax still hasn't
found out about it almost 4 years later.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L