Re: 2006 National Meet in Colorado

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 00:25:34 EDT

Josh Battles <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
: Michael Maskalans wrote:
:> Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:
:>> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
:>>
:>>> A couple of those
:>>> campgrounds are within 10 minutes of Pike's Peak, a third is within 15
:>>> minutes and the furthest one is a 25 minute drive.
:>>>
:>>
:>> Sounds like a day trip, I've been wanting to see that myself.
:>>
:> me three.
:>
: count me in too. I'll of course be riding along with someone if any
: offroading takes place.

   Just as an FYI, obviously at this point not very much regarding
the meet has been written in stone, we're basically just coming
up with different ideas of possible things to do during the meet.
One idea consisted of a "scenic drive", which would involve all
paved roads or well graded dirt roads; in any case, roads which
a 2wd wouldn't have a problem with. We thought about possibly
doing this early in the meet (Sunday or Monday?) Obviously, this
would be good for the non-offroaders since they'll be able to
drive their daks with the group. If we did this, perhaps Pike's
Peak could be a part of that "loop". The next level up from that
is mild 4x4 trails (I'll defer to Jason on this, but I suspect
these would probably still be OK for a stock height 2wd?), then
moderate 4x4 trails (definitely want to be in a 4x4 now) and
finally difficult 4x4 trails (i.e. Adam, Mike, Tom, Walt...) ;-)

   Anyway, after reading Josh's post I thought this might be a
good spot to throw this idea out there and see how many people
would be interested in this sort of "non-offroading" scenic drive?

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'