Re: DML BBQ Paintball

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 20:34:34 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <fasstdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

: I've just seen too many of them actually leak from the seals. They're a
: pain to calibrate properly if you're not used to them.

  The "Spyder" line would be considered an autococker, correct?
I seem to recall reading a lot of posts from people having problems
with them leaking down the barrel, although a lot of them say they
fixed the problem with a better cup seal. (There was one brand that
everybody seemed to recommend - Lapco I think it was.)

: You can get an inexpensive Kingman and modify the snot out of it. My old
: Kingman ($90 at Academy Sports) was pumping 14 rounds/second on compressed
: air, modified 14" barrel, and an electronic eye hopper (Halo). Total was
: well under $500 as I looked around eBay and local paintball stores for
: deals. I had spent a total of about $600 on all of my gear (marker + mods,
: tubes, hopper, Camo clothing, mask w/neck guard, case for marker and
: accessories, etc.).

: The only recommendation I can make: Go with Compressed Air if you're going
: to be playing paintball every so often. While the CO2 does work for the
: beginners, rapid fire freezes up the barrel and the balls get stuck in
: there.

   Thanks for the info! I'll probably stick with the CO2 for now since
I probably won't get to play but a few times per year, and even then, I'm
more of a "one shot one kill" kinda guy than a "spray and pray'er". :-)
(Although that might change once I actually get a gun and discover how
innacurate they are - probably show up at next year's BBQ with a
GE Minigun knockoff.) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'