Re: 2006 National Meet in Colorado

From: rwerning@wi.rr.com
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 00:06:17 EDT

> > Anyhoo, lets postpone the "scenic trail ride" until say Monday, maybe all
> > the yahoos will be back to work where we can really enjoy ourselves without
> > the hassle of other "tourists" as well.
>
> Good point. We'll have about three days of driving in order to get there, so
> we'll probably be ready for a break as well.
>
> We'll leave the first couple of days pretty much open. If we get bored, we
> can go for a drive around to check out the area. If we're perfectly content
> to veg out at the campground, we can do that too.

I've marked the dates on the calendar.. still not positive if I'll make it, but
its definetly going to get top consideration for how I spend my summer next
year. I'm an avid camper / backpacker and would love a chance at stomping
around CO some in addition to getting the Dak off the road and onto some
trails. Still trying to sell the wife on me disappearing for a week alone..
*grin*

For me, the campsite doesn't need anything special.. a place to drop a bed roll
and start a campfire will do. Driving out from Milwaukee will probably be
15ish hours (if mapquest can be trusted), so I might just try to drive straight
thru.

- Rich
  05 Dak, 4.7L, just starting the mod process.