ATTN: Rich Werning re: 06 National Meet

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 18:26:52 EDT

rwerning@wi.rr.com wrote:

> I've marked the dates on the calendar.. still not positive if I'll make it, but
> its definetly going to get top consideration for how I spend my summer next
> year. I'm an avid camper / backpacker and would love a chance at stomping
> around CO some in addition to getting the Dak off the road and onto some
> trails. Still trying to sell the wife on me disappearing for a week alone..
> *grin*
>
> For me, the campsite doesn't need anything special.. a place to drop a bed roll
> and start a campfire will do. Driving out from Milwaukee will probably be
> 15ish hours (if mapquest can be trusted), so I might just try to drive straight
> thru.

Hey Rich! I sure hope you can make it! I'll be coming down from
Point/Plover... I'd like to organize a westbound caravan. Josh, Mike,
Barry, you, me... and anyone else from all points east.

Perhaps we could all meet up in one appointed area? Only person I can
think of who would have to go out of his way to do that would be Barry.
  15 hours is an iffy time estimate from MapQuirks... also build in time
for fuel ups, food, traffic, and construction. It takes me about 12
hours to do 800 miles to Jon's from Point... granted I usually get
cought up in Chicago/Gary traffic.

But I think traveling in a convy has many advantages. Incase of any
mechanical trouble, there are people to help. It really makes a long
drive like that more fun, between CB's and FRS radios there is always
conversation. Not to mention a rolling line of trucks is just really
cool :D

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *80* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/