Re: ATTN: Rich Werning re: 06 National Meet

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 14:21:40 EDT

On Sun, 8 May 2005, Bill Day wrote:

> Well, I am definitely up for the convoy deal on our way out, our plan is to
> leave here early morning and just run I-70 west straight shot no tolls etc...

sounds like a good plan. I might be interested in staying a bit further
along to make a more even split between a 10 and a 15 hour driving day.

Somewhere around Davenport would probably be my chosen stop.

> The unfortunate thing is my fuel window is probably pretty small compared to
> the rest of you. not exactly sure why my it is, I tend to attribute it to the
> 3.55 gears and 30x9.5 tires and only a v6...

maybe, maybe not... I just hit a post-SAS milage record last week,
15.7MPG, after doing plugs-cap-rotor and seafoaming. Might be better yet
after I remove the slack adjuster cable in the right rear which I can't
get to stop overtensioning for the life of me. and it'll get worse again
after I get 37s and add the weight of dual t-cases, bumpers, rack and
winch... but whatever =)

> If we want to start planning a midwest meet point for the convoy, we should
> begin now. I too am looking right at a 15 hour drive plus the addition of fuel
> and food stops...

lightweight ;-P

I consider CBs a near-must for this trip. I like the way my 4x4 club does
it - they're just required. no CB = no ride. it's nice! except when
there's a flakey cable or something like that that makes them even worse
than FRS....

--
MikeM
radio snob