Re: Westbound 2006 Denver Convoy

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 11:21:30 EDT

On Mon, May 9, 2005 9:09 pm, andy levy said:

> Wimps.

Hey now, Mistar It's-Too-Far-For-Me-To-Drive... at least they're making an
effort. :-)

> I have a friend who drove Denver to Syracuse with about 1 hour
> total in food, sleep & bathroom stops. Took him about 36 hours total.

Impressive. Is this verified? I have a couple of friends who claimed
they did Salt Lake to Las Vegas (~420 miles) in 3 hours 45 minutes, in the
one guy's Escort. That's supposed to be total time, start to finish,
including a fuel stop. They have no idea how fast they were going, as the
standard Ford speedometer of the day only went to 85. I've never made up
my mind whether or not I really believe this claim. My brother and I did
it in 5 hours in a rented Sentra, and we were doing a pretty good job
covering the ground in a hurry. It's amazing how slow 75 feels when
you've been doing 108 for the past two hours solid.