Re: Dak won't go! -- UPDATE

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 13:23:50 EDT

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Kyle Vanditmars wrote:

> srp@cox.net wrote:
> > Crank position sensor-- back of motor @ bell housing.
> >

> Looks like you were right... followed the FSM procedures for testing
> ignition stuff, everything checked out. CPS pegged the ohmmeter when it
> should be open, so I'll be picking one up tomorrow, see if that works.

You do know that open = infinite (well, close...) resistance = infinite
(well, close) ohms, right?

depends on your definitely of "pegging" the ohm meter. closed circut has
no resistance (0 ohms), open circut has no conductivity (infinite ohms).

of course in a real sense the above is wrong since an open circut is
only nearly infinite resistance since sparks can bridge gaps so saying
"infinite" without qualification is really wrong. the same goes for "no
resistance" since wires have resistance too.

I just don't want you to mislead yourself with a faulty definition

--
MikeM