Dak really down...

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 03:23:54 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> I just don't want you to mislead yourself with a faulty definition
> --
> MikeM

FSM says "no resistance," putting the ohmmeter on the appropriate prongs
of the harness gave me 15,000ohms or so.

However, at this point it's painfully obvious why I was getting code 54.
  The shutter wheel in the distributor isn't turning through the hall
effect sensor, giving me no fuel sync signal. Didn't check this at all
before (didn't think of it until I replaced the CPS to no avail) but the
distributor doesn't turn while the engine is rotating, and the
distributor shaft still seems to be firmly engaged in the drive, as you
can't turn it by hand. Things went from bad to worse, it seems... and I
do recall someone bringing up "the curse" recently. Shame on you! ;)

Anyway, $76 later it's back home, and I'm in process of taking things
apart to investigate. I'm really hoping that BAD THINGS(tm) didn't
happen in the motor.