Re: Steering Column Wiring

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 14:41:48 EDT

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0505111324090.5159-100000@uofr.net...

> Who's been in a gen III column? Is it a "pigtail" harness for the column
> that's easilly replaced? If one wire is bad will they all be
> nearly gone wherever that pinch point is, or should I just patch the
> break in the one known bad and call it a day?

I've been inside the column on mine, it's not *too* bad. There's one large
connector that connects to the ignition switch and then pigtails down the
column, once you get it all seperated it's easy.

We had a similar problem on our 96 Ram and I ended up replacing the whole
ignition harness with a new one (dealer only) that I got for free from my
service writer friend. It's kind of a chore to get done, but for someone
like you it should be more time consuming than difficult.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L