Re: Motel, cabin or tent?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 01:55:18 EDT

"Josh Battles" <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
: <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
:>
:> Sounds good, Josh! Add an airstrip and a building that can hold a
:> whole mess of planes, bikes, boats and cars and I'd say that's about as
:> close to paradise as you can get! :-)
:>
:> --
:> -Jon-

: If your house was at the far end of the airstrip, your place would be almost
: exactly what i'm looking for.

    Yep, that's where I would have built it too - along the ravine somewhere.
Actually, my brother considered building his house back there, but decided
he didn't want to bother with plowing a driveway that long in the winter.
Me, I'd still build it back there since (hermit + 4x4) > inconvenience
:-)

    Being in real estate, it is kinda surprising sometimes how many people
don't take advantage of nice locations. I think people in general are
starting to think about this more, but its amazing the number of old
farmhouses we have in this area which are up on hills with great lake
views but don't even have any windows on the lake side of the house! I
guess back then they didn't have time to stop and smell the roses.

: I would indeed like to have as many toys as you have though, having the most
: toys = win.

    Ya can't take it with you. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'