Re: Compression Fittings On Brake Lines

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 06:41:55 EDT

Absoultly wrong! A compression fitting is every bit as safe as a flare. Reason
the manufacturers don't use them is there are more parts and require more
manual labor to install them. The tubing will fail long before a compression
fitting will seperate.

Years ago I worked in the lab of a company that made pressure transmitters. We
used to setup test fixtures for pressure testing to 10,000 psi with compression
fittings.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4

--------