Re: 1.5 rockers and MPG

From: Quintin (sauerquint@gci.net)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 13:24:35 EDT

"TerribleTom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote in message
news:4286E06B.7020404@aol.com...
:
: Zachary Burcham wrote:
: >
: > First, I'm not going to quote all of the previous posts as it annoys the
: > crap out of me when it's done and not reference easily and I'm not in
: > the mood at 11:15 pm to do it. But I notice one thing you say over and
: > over again. You say things like "I'm not looking for a hot rod" or "I'm
: > too old for that" and that's an attitude problem. I'm not sure if
: > you've seen/met Ray Block but he's in the "experienced" group and hardly
: > the hod rod kid.
: >
: > But anyway, nearly any performance mod improves gas mileage if you keep
: > your foot out of it, so the plugs, thermostat, exhaust and the like are
: > all good mpg mods. I bet gears might even help but someone might
: > confirm/deny that one. The best MPG I have heard of out of a V8 was
: > Matt Brother's fairly heavily modified 94 318 RC 2WD. He had all kinds
: > of fun stuff on it and got 24 mpg once.
: >
: > I'll get off my soapbox but if you really want help then listen to guys
: > like Ray, he's trying to help and if you take all his suggestions and
: > come up with some "lame" (not meant to offend) excuse why you can't do
: > it then don't waste his time.
: >
: > Zachary Burcham
: > 92dakotahd
: >
:
: Who was it that wrote once - that they were able to eer out some insane
: high fuel milage, by keeping the engine speed under 2000 RPM? or maybe
: was it 2500 RPM - I think I'll go search the archives.

That's exactly what I do almost all of the time, that's why I mentioned that
I am not a hot-rodder. Jeebuz Zach, all I am doing is pointing out what I am
looking for and how I drive. Relax, OK?