CMC All Mopar Show --- OMG PICS

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 19:06:09 EDT

Well kids, there was a very nice collection of cars at the show
yesterday even though it was overcast and almost rained. One point of
interest was the 71 (I think it was a 71) cuda that was there... it was
a convertable, with a 426 HEMI and a 4-speed. The guy told us that
there were only 18 cars with those options made that year and that there
are only 4 left, 3 in america. He told us it appraised at over a
million dollars. There are pics of that, along with a TON of other
really cool cars in a folder.

They're all unresized 4mp images and are over a meg in size each. If
you've got dialup still, this might be a good time to upgrade.

http://www.omg-stfu.com/temp/carshow

I also want to take this time to congratulate myself on a 2nd place
trophy I received in the event. They misclassed me into the stock
fullsize class, and apparently didn't write down all the details when I
reclassed. So, I beat out a bunch of accessorized Rams, and a few
Rumble Bees as well. Well worth the 2 days of polishing and cleaning
that it took. Since it was overcast yesterday, I got to see it sparkle
in the sun today for the first time since I waxed it. I'm nothing short
of blown away with the way the products I used worked with eachother.
The color is so bright that it just "pops" out at you. I had some
random guy downtown (chicago) this afternoon stop and ask me how I got
it to shine like that as I was getting out of it after parking. He said
the sparkle was "absolutely amazing."

For those interested, I used a base coat of a product called Klasse
"all-in-one" that cured overnight, after claying of course. Then I put
on 2 coats of Pinnacle's brazilian carnuba, letting them cure for 4
hours in between. At the show it got all wiped down and hit with a
carnuba quick-detailer.

The Pinnacle was expensive at almost $60 for the tub (yes it's a paste)
but you only have to put on a "whisp" coating, it didn't even look like
I'd put any on it hazed so lightly. (as in not turning white) It buffed
off easily, and the tub is supposedly good for about 25 applications.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L