Re: RE: 1.5 rockers and MPG

From: Quintin (sauerquint@gci.net)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 15:20:27 EDT

""Ray Block"" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:200505150608.j4F688404022@bent.twistedbits.net...
:
: > -----Original Message-----
: > From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-
: > truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Zachary Burcham
: <snip>
: >
: > I'll get off my soapbox but if you really want help then listen to guys
: > like
: > Ray, he's trying to help and if you take all his suggestions and come up
: > with some "lame" (not meant to offend) excuse why you can't do it then
: > don't
: > waste his time.
: >
: > Zachary Burcham
: > 92dakotahd
:
: Wow, thanks Zach! Sorry if I don't remember but, have we met? My wife
: says I suffer from CRS but I forget what that means. ;-)
:
: Ray Block
: 1992 Dakota Sport, RC, 2WD, 5.2L
: See Drag-Truk link for mods...
: http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html
:

Well, Ray, I hope you don't think I have been wasting your time. I don't
know what got into that Zach character, but I appreciate your suggestions. I
will definitely try out the brake tweaks the next time I am in there, should
be fairly soon. My truck is significantly heavier than the one on your site,
I finally went and took a look ;-) I am hoping The 4x4 CC V6 is capable of
better than the 16 I get out of it now. Another guy I know actually gets 2
points better with his 4.7 V8, but that is a whole different engine.

One more question about rockers. I may still go to the 1.5's just to try it.
(More money than sense I guess) Do you have any suggestions about where and
what kind I should get? I assume that since mine aren't stud mounted that
they would be shaft mounted, is this correct?

Thanks for your input.