new fuel pump in... partial success

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 01:15:46 EDT

Replaced the Master brand fuel pump with a Bosch. Fuel pressure is up
around 10-11 - still falling short. Engine runs better - but still has
a miss to it...

Under throttle - the pressure dropps 2-3 PSI - how normal is that?

It won't stall at idle now - which is good... next thing I'm going to do
is replace the pressure regulator. I have a feeling that it may be
leaking fuel past into the return line - dropping the pressure. This may
have been why the old pump couldn't keep up. May not have been able to
generate enough pressure to keep up with the loss.

Question - can you use teflon tape to seal brass fuel line fittings?
Non-flared. The patch-in to my rubber fuel line is leaking (grumble)

There was something else I was going to say... that I can't remember
right now... damn I hate that...

I'm posting all this because, well i don't know... LOL helps me calm
down - because I'm mad as hell and pissed off at this truck. She's
being stubborn and rebellious. She doesn't want to go back to The BBQ,
and I can kinda understand why... considering the last time she was
there, was not the best of times. But I'm crazier and more stubborn than
Christine... and I'll win this power struggle with her!!

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *67* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/