Re: 92 dakota down... need help... relays clicking on fuel pump... HELP!!!!

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 16:17:22 EDT

On 5/21/05, Ryan Arsenault <wibbyo@hotmail.com> wrote:

> well here is my problem.. it started about 2 months ago.. dam truck wouldnt
> start.... i just sat there and cursed... but after awhile some relays
> started to click and when they stoped it started up.. fine.... over time
> this was takin longer and longer... talked to my mechanic he said sounds
> like fuel pump gettin lazy... so i changed that... didnt do anything... then
> he put the ole snapon scanner on it.. to see if he could manually get it to
> fire or make itclick... nothing.. not recognising the computer... anyone
> else have any probs like this... change the relays... fuel pump and the auto
> shut down relays... brand new... and still nothing ... couldnt get it to do
> anything.. but still if it sits long enough the relays start to click.. slow
> at first then speed up .. then stop... wait a min and then the truck fires
> up and drives fine.... ANY ideas at all people... im gettin frustrated....
> and i have a can a gas and a match....... loosing my patience fast...... so
> please let me know.... or if anyone wants to e mail me directly send to
> wibbyo@hotmail.com
> thanks for any info at all
>
> Ryan Arsenault

Grab a pocket knife, some heat shrink tubing, some electrical tape, a
solder gun and some solder. Unhook the battery and take the bolts out
of the power distribution center on the driver's fender. Start going
through the wiring underneath it. You will find a splice that has
something like 5 wires going into it. Split it open. I bet you find
all kinds of crap under there. This splice is known for going bad and
causing no starts in the gen-II. Clean all the wires really good and
solder them together nice and tight. Now shrink them up and tape them
good so they don't corrode again. Try cranking it now. Majority of
time this is the problem, and if it isn't you will find it in such
crappy condition that it soon would be the problem. Hit up the
archives and search for the word splice to get a better idea of the
location.

WiLieR[SS]