Electric Brake Controller?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 10:54:44 EDT

Hey all-

  I'm about to get a brake controller for my truck (2004 4x4, doesn't
have the tow package), and I was curious: does anyone know if any of
the harnesses or wires get put in the truck anyway (even if you didn't
get the tow package)?

  If not, it sounds like I need to get four wires to the controller:
stoplight switch, power, ground, and the brake control wire. I have a
four pin plug already (taken from the tail lights), so for my 7 pin
connector I'll need to additionally get the reverse lights, the brake
control wire, and a charge wire from the battery.

  Anyone have any wisdom to impart or any resources to point me to?
I'm planning to get a tekonsha controller.

Thanks,
Korey