Re: Compression Fittings On Brake Lines

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 08:56:04 EDT

Jon,
I stand corrected! The compression fittings I have always picked up at the
local auto parts store are of the type on page 123 commonly called Swaglock
fittings and it was those I was quoting the numbers on (some times they have
them in steel as well as brass). The only time I have used the type with the
barrel shapped ferrel is on plastic tubing and in larger sizes under the sink.

I guess I will jump on the band wagon and state that if you are going to use a
compression fitting it must be one designed for high pressures and have the
tapered ferrel not the low pressure barrel shape. I would be suprised to see an
auto parts store selling the low pressure ones in break lines sizes. :\

It's great when you learn something and I learned you need to pay more
attention to what you use.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4