Re: National meet (was: Change axle fluid?)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 10:45:55 EDT

On Tue, May 24, 2005 8:11 am, korey99@yahoo.com said:

> Jason-
>
> Sorry I missed your post- I don't read here as frequently as I used to.

No problem. We were out of town anyway all weekend, getting the trailer
out of storage and taking it for the first trip of the year.

> Today
> I'm putting down a deposit on a Jayco 1006 popup trailer (it ended up
> being
> fully loaded, though that wasn't what I was after when I started shopping
> :).

Cool! Congrats. I know full well how RV shopping goes:
http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0303/0074.html :-)

> If I can convince the wife that the National Meet is a "fun family
> vacation", we'll be there! We're in central IL.

Hope you'll be able to make it. We'll put you down as a "maybe". If it
helps, tell your wife that we're quite family friendly. Most of us foam
at the mouth only slightly, and then only when in the presence of HEMI or
Cummins engines :-).

> I haven't been keeping up - is the meet going to be centered around a
> campground or a motel?

We're going to be using a campground as DML HQ. The campgrounds we're
looking at are relatively close (within a 10 minute drive or so) to small
towns, where grocery stores, gas stations, and motels will be found. So
anyone who prefers to stay in a motel is certainly welcome to do so. From
the feedback we've been getting, it sounds like most people are going to
be tenting it, so most of the meet attendees will be gathered together in
a tent city at some campground.