Re: National meet (was: Change axle fluid?)

From: korey99@yahoo.com
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 14:38:55 EDT

In article <54872.199.64.0.252.1116955914.squirrel@janor.ath.cx>,
dml@bleazard.net ("Jason Bleazard") writes:

> Don't worry, there are plenty of us in the "wuss" club who like to just
> stand around and watch the destruction rather than participate in it. I
> used to tag along in my '95, but since we got the RV it seems like the
> other truck is just a commuter car any more. It hasn't left the pavement
> in two and a half years. As for the 2001, we need it to tow the trailer
> home, so there's no dunking that one in the mud.

Phew... well maybe I'll save face and say that my wife and 3mo old son are the
wusses, and I'm still the adventurous hellraiser. Well, maybe not...

> I've never done a test to see how long it takes to re-charge the battery.
> We're always hooked up to electric service where we go camping, so we just
> let the battery charge while we're plugged in. The only time we've ever
> needed the battery was during a power outage. But if you go camping where
> there's no electricity, then it'll naturally be more of a concern to you.

I think the problem is the fridge. I've heard that the fridge will drain a
small popup battery in 4 hours. The charge wire mostly only supplies enough
power to keep the fridge happy and not drain the trailer battery. I've heard
it'll take a LONG time to charge a low battery with this setup, since it's only
a trickle charge at best, which also means you can't fully charge the battery,
but still useful in maintaining what you've got. Glad it works out for you.
Now I know it's not just a myth.

Thanks again,
Korey