Re: National meet (was: Change axle fluid?)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 13:31:54 EDT

On Tue, May 24, 2005 11:43 am, korey99@yahoo.com said:

> Jason-
>
> Thanks- "maybe" sounds good, and it sounds like a good time. I'm looking
> forward to meeting all these famous people.

I think you mean INfamous :-).

> I don't quite have the appetite for destruction that seems to accompany
> the BBQ every year (at least not for MY truck),

Don't worry, there are plenty of us in the "wuss" club who like to just
stand around and watch the destruction rather than participate in it. I
used to tag along in my '95, but since we got the RV it seems like the
other truck is just a commuter car any more. It hasn't left the pavement
in two and a half years. As for the 2001, we need it to tow the trailer
home, so there's no dunking that one in the mud.

> I read your archived thread, and it sounds like you have a nice trailer.
> I've seen those at the local Fleetwood place. We couldn't find a coleman
> that
> had a floorplan we like, so we got the Jayco, though in my opinion, you
> can't go wrong with either brand.

Yeah, we were looking at all the different brands. We had narrowed it
down to two with floorplans we liked, and the Fleetwood had a better mix
of features and cost. I don't even remember what the other one was, I
think it was a Palomino but I'm not sure.

> Hey, since you have a travel trailer, I presume you have a 7pin
> connector.

Yep, but we ordered our Dakota with the factory tow package. I've seen
your questions about the wiring, but I'm afraid I can't really help there.

> Do you have a charge wire setup to charge your trailer battery while you
> drive? If so, does it work alright?

Yep. It works fine. Naturally, with the tow package, we also got the
heavy-duty electrical package. Even without the trailer battery hooked
up, the truck does a good job of powering all the 12V stuff on the
trailer.

I've never done a test to see how long it takes to re-charge the battery.
We're always hooked up to electric service where we go camping, so we just
let the battery charge while we're plugged in. The only time we've ever
needed the battery was during a power outage. But if you go camping where
there's no electricity, then it'll naturally be more of a concern to you.