Re: Hey! Help me fix my Jeep!

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 22:54:21 EDT

TerribleTom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
: steve preston wrote:
:> Hey! I`m back,but I have questions again. :)
:>
:> How come my 2000 Jeep GC with the 4.0L takes frequent
:> urinations on the ground after driving it? I noticed
:> today,it will spew coolant underneath for a short
:> while,then stop. Can`t tell where it`s coming from.
:> Actually,I do have it narrowed down to two possible
:> places of origin: Either the A/C compressor,or the oil
:> pan,which I am confident are both common areas for
:> coolant leaks!

: Perhaps your sarcasem was lost on me - if infact you were being
: sarcastic, but correct me if I'm wrong - coolant would not come out of
: your AC compressor, and unless you had MAJOR internal engine damage -
: you don't normally see coolant pouring outta the oil pan.

Gas Station Employee: I'm picking up your sarcasm.
Richard Hayden: Well, I should hope so, because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

   Heheh! Sorry, its been too long since the last Tommy Boy
reference. ;-) Yep, just sarcasm, Tom! :-)

   Steve, I don't know if this will help or not, but just the other day I
saw that Autozone has a dye test; you basically add some dye to the system
you are checking for leaks (which would be the radiator or overflow bottle
in this case), leave it in there for a bit, and then you put on these funky
glasses and check the engine over with the provided UV light. I didn't
notice how much it was, but something like that might help to pinpoint the
source of the leak, when the old fashioned eyeball method doesn't work.

                                                   -Jon-

   .-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --.
   | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota |
   | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD |