Hey! Help me fix my Jeep!

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 23:14:52 EDT

Hey! I`m back,but I have questions again. :)

How come my 2000 Jeep GC with the 4.0L takes frequent
urinations on the ground after driving it? I noticed
today,it will spew coolant underneath for a short
while,then stop. Can`t tell where it`s coming from.
Actually,I do have it narrowed down to two possible
places of origin: Either the A/C compressor,or the oil
pan,which I am confident are both common areas for
coolant leaks! :) All I can say is, there are no signs
of moisture from any visible area under the hood. I
have to look underneath to see it,and it looks like
the lower attachment bolt area of the compressor and
the very front of the oil pan are soaking wet,and
everything else looks dry. Coolant sometimes drips
rapidly from these places when the motor`s running
also. Water pump,maybe? Discuss.....

What really beer-batters my onions is the fact that my
wife (Julie) now gets to drive my Dak to work,while I
get to drive a precipitating Jeep,until I fix it! So
if someone knows what`s wrong,that`s great. If not,I
will be equally pleased. Thanks.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Two-thousand one (2001) Flame Red Dodge Dakota Sport RC 4X4,4.7L eight-piston w/3.92 limited-slip,air,cruise,tilt,knob(not shifter)induced four by,with optional hand crank windows and finger locks that added substantially to the overall cost. Steigerperformance air intake providing twenty additional RWHP (ten at the flywheel). PLUS,a custom dual-exhaust than is real loud,with gigantic 2 1/4" pipes sticking out the back,reminiscent of warship cannons primed and ready for the heat of battle. The other mods (headlight and taillight covers and black step bars) do not add significantly to the speed of this vehicle,but are there purely for intimidation purposes,as the markings of a cobra signify it`s deadly potency. Put simply,this truck cannot be stopped.