Running light relay and headlight swich

From: korey99@yahoo.com
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 11:52:00 EDT

I thought I just read something about this (perhaps from Bernd) but I can't
find it. I notice the Mopar 7-pin trailer wiring harness includes a running
light relay (so that you don't pull power for all the running lights on the
trailer through the regular headlight circuit), but the 4-pin does not. My
concern is the headlight switch- does anyone know what it's rated for?
Basically, how many extra amps can I pull on the tail light/running light
circuit before I need to put in a relay? My little camping trailer doesn't
have many side marker lights, but I could figure out how many amps those draw.

Thanks,
Korey