RE: Intake Manifold Paint

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 07:31:20 EDT

thanks for the sug

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Chad Evans
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 2:03 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: RE: DML: Intake Manifold Paint

your going to want at the vary least get some kind of self ecthing primer.
That will as the name implies etch itself into the alluminum and hopefully
give you a good base. You can either use a primer sealer but dont think it
is needed that much. then what ever base coat and clear you want.

If you decided to go with a self etching primer that the any paint that you
apply will adhere to what ever brand etching primer that you bought. Some
paints will not stick to a self etching primer.

check out www.eastwood.com they have a ton of stuff that i think you will
find helpful!

>From: "James Calder" <jCalder3@cfl.rr.com>
>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: Intake Manifold Paint
>Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:02:49 -0400
>

>I got everything back from the machinist for my friends 3.9 rebuild. I
>had him hot tank the intake while he was at it. While it's nice and
>clean, what kind of paint will adhere to it. I just want it to look a
>little better, not spend a bunch on ceramic coating or powder coating.
>Would regular engine paint adhere to cast aluminum?
>
>Thanks,
>James

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeR