Drive Shaft Angle Correction

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 15:31:47 EDT

Is there any black magic in correcting the pinion angle when lowering the rear?

I'm about 2" down now using modified hotchkis leafs and a couple thin lowering plates, but want to go another 1 to 1.5" with the plates. Can I just measure out the angle difference and cut one of the plates at an angle to correct the differential's angle to the shaft?

Can someone give me a rear stock height measurement of a Gen III manual 2wd standard cab. Something like static axel to frame distance would be best, but ground to body will work if you send the tire size as well.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota