Re: I need bigger mirrors

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 13:38:11 EDT

On Mon, June 13, 2005 8:13 am, korey99@yahoo.com said:

> Do
> you have any ballpark idea how far your add-on mirrors extend from the
> truck.

They're adjustable. From memory, I'd say anywhere from 1-2 feet, maybe a
bit more.

> With
> the 4x4 I can see over the popup most of the time, but if I get a little
> car right on my tail I can't see him at all.

That's not so bad then. My center rearview mirror is useless when towing,
and the outsides can be used to check blindspots, but if I point them back
all I see is the front corners of the trailer. I can't see anything
behind us without the extended mirrors. As far as little cars right on
the trailer bumper, that's hopeless for me. I just hope their brakes are
better than mine are. I'm not too interested in installing any kind of TV
camera, which would be the only solution. Not unless I can figure out a
way to hack one together out of a cheap webcam or something :-).