RE: Charger: What's in a name?

From: kerib@ptd.net
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 09:57:57 EDT

So my Charger 2.2 SCCA car is not a Charger? How about teh Shelby Charger GLH
which ran high 14 secodn quarter miles (faster than most versions of the
original Charger) is not a Charger. I think we are being a bit nit-picky
here. As long as it is performance oriented it the Charger name is valid.
Heck this Charger desrves the name more than the 180 hp smog versions of the
late 70's. What about Magnum? The 1979 Dodge Mangum was a large 2-door coupe,
replaced the Charger and looked like a Cordoba. The current Magnum does not
look like that. What about the Hemi. It is not a 426? What a bout the 426
Hemi. It is differnt from the earlier 392 Hemi? The list goes on and on.