RE: RE: Throttle body spacer

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 08:52:57 EDT

The single BIGGEST reason the TB spacer is in-effective on the Magnum V6-V8
is the positioning of the injectors on the intake..........

Stirring up the air as it enters the intake does nothing for power or
Torque, including increasing the plenum volume on the MPI Magnum engine,
because of PORT INJECTION of fuel directly into the cylinder head, the
spacer stirring the air up in the intake does absolutely nothing!

These spacers will work on TBI intakes that introduce the fuel at the TB and
the spacer atomizes the air fuel charge for better cylinder filling of the
air / fuel charge.

They also produce decent gains on CARB engines due to the fuel being
introduced at the mouth of the intake,......again fuel ATOMIZATION is the
key here!

Ron
01' Dakota Sport RC 3.9...
http://www.dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.asp?id=8143