RE: Spark Plugs for a Ram

From: Marc W. Grobe (MGrobe@leghorncomputing.com)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 13:55:13 EDT

Okay to give an update my buddy Derek swung by the house this weekend to
do a little wrenching.

He first tried the 3923 plugs and they seemed to make a minor
difference, but after having him describe the issue it didn't sound like
they would be the cure-all, which they weren't.

Then he tried a 180 degree t-stat. That seemed to take care of the
majority of the remaining pinging. Now he only experiences it at WOT
around shift points of 4500 RPM.

He is going to drive it for awhile and I'll report back if it seems to
go bad again.

Thanks.

-Marc-