Re: GenII tire options

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 02:52:12 EDT

8 inches might be a little wide for a stock 235/75. You will have to measure
the outward kick of the 15x8 to tell if you have issues horizontally.
Vertically, yes, on the front when crossing over a railroad track at speed,
or something on that order. And in the rear with any more than say 400 lbs.
in the bed. I got a used GenI with 235's on six inch rims and there was
evidence of scraping on the rear wells when I got it, and my turning radius
was constrained in the front. If the 15x8's are kicked out further than 3.75
inches or so, you could have a little touching of the fender lips on a bump,
but they will fit in there. Also expect your speedo to read 4 to 5% slow and
your odo also. Biff