RE: AAAAAARRRGGGHHH '99 Dak still running for ka ka

From: Joseph Orsini (joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 13:56:26 EDT

OK well while I was waiting for a reply from the list I put the ignition
stuff back on the truck and assumed the #1 stamped terminal was for the #1
cylinder. Put all the wires back on in the correct order and fired her up
and she seems normal now. Revs quick and pulls above 2500 RPM. I checked
everything before I pulled it off and the wires were set to the correct
firing order. Ends were tight and good connections on the plugs and on the
cap. I am baffled. Maybe it was an improperly set rotor or I didn't have
the cap tight enough? I had the same problem with the old ignition stuff so
I am hoping it does not come back. The check engine light is still on but
now I do not have a problem with driving her into town to get a scanner
hooked up. Will report back after the trip into town. Thing still has me
wondering what her malfunction was...

-Joe