Re: Gas mileage [how to improve]

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 17:32:59 EDT

I've ran 32's on my truck for the last 5yrs.
When i noticed the drop in milage was after i lifted it.
I didn't see much of a difference with the rancho 3" but, after i installed
the 3" body lift and added the 10" rims it really dropped.
My truck had the aerodynamics of a brick before and now it's like two
bricks. lol
On the hiway i get 13 or so and 9 in town. Towing i get around 8-9 at 60mph
with the od off. I havent changed the spedo gearing so my milage may be
better than what it shows. I only went an 1" taller in tire size and i don't
think it's making that much of a difference on the spedo. It's off less than
3%.
I'm thinking about trading it in on a new cummins 2500 crew cab 4x4. I hear
the hemi's get horrid milage too. I hate to even bring it up but, the new
ford f250 fx4 sure looks sweet.
--Hop