Re: Re: Gas mileage [how to improve]

From: Bill Knight (wknight40@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 19:05:11 EDT

I have to disagree on the "Ethanol" a little. A local gas station started
putting Ethanol in the gas. The truck does seem to run better but on the
last two tanks I have lost about 1 mile per gallon. My driving has not
changed and I have been tracking the MPG on this truck for about 2 years
now.

Also on the heating of the fuel. In the early days of drag racing they used
to have a thing called a "cool can". Basically it was a can filled with ice
and a coil of fuel line running through. This was supposedlly done to
increase HP. Don't know how true this is. Just something I came across
several years ago.

What id know is as mentioned free up the moving air. Both incoming and
outgoing air. Carry the least amount of weight as possible, ie lose the
tools that are not needed. And drive easy as was also mentioned.