RE: new motor Vs. old motor O2 sensors??

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 09:36:42 EDT

Let's see if I have this correct. You have a 2001 360 in your '98 and
you're using a '98 318 PCM? And, you're getting really crappy mileage?

Not surprising as I've just done some testing with my 318 and a 360 PCM.
Using a scanner during highway driving and WOT runs I learned the fuel and
timing curves are quite different between the 318 and 360 PCMs, with the 318
having less timing at cruising highway speeds but delivering more fuel.

Without the scanner I never would have known as it seemed to run fine with
either PCM.

If you really want this combo to perform it's best I'd suggest using a '98
360 PCM and '98 360 sensors. That should make everything compatible with
your '98 truck. Forget that the engine is from a 2001 as without the
sensors and PCM it's just a hunk of iron.

Ray