Re: employee + discount?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 01:30:13 EDT

kvmac45@comcast.net wrote:
> There was an article in our local paper that said DC was considering doing a
> similar employee pricing deal like GM has been running. Apparently GM has had
> great success with theirs with something like a 40% jump in sales. It was
> stated that Ford was not going to consider such an incentive program despite
> steadily declining sales.

DC is doing this. I was at the dealership tonight looking at trucks
(for some reason unknown to me) and they're offering the "employee
discount" on all vehicles.

I read an article recently that said Ford was doing the same in Canada,
so it seems a bit silly that they wouldn't do that in the U.S... Maybe
it was GM and DC that were running that in Canada, but I'm pretty sure
Ford was mentioned as well...

Discount is pretty hefty, but I'm not sure it's a whole lot better than
the usual gimmick sales promotions they do when they want to move larger
volumes. I do have to say, though, that the discount offered on an '05
Ram QC Cummins "Big Horn" was in the neighborhood of $6K, which is
definitely not bad, in addition to the extra $1500 rebate.

-Bill