Re: short rant

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 12:55:49 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> "Mike Sykes" <mikesykes@cox.net> wrote:
> : The other one I get is this:
> : customer approaches counter... tosses keys on counter...
> : "oil change"
>
> : walks off
>
> : ... um.. do I LOOK like a waiter? Who the F*CK do you think you are?! Would
> : you like some more sugar in your coffee sir? how about some lemon for your
> : tea? The soup of the day is Broccoli Cheese Delight, sir. More cheese for
> : you salad?
>

> When he comes back, hand him his keys and tell him that you're
> sorry but despite your best efforts, you were simply unable to find
> any oil that required changing in any of the keys or the fob. Then
> charge him an $80 diagnostic fee. ;-)

I just spent yesterday checking out the single most failure prone unit
in our system. Yup, 1000 odd units in service in 800 or so locations,
and this one is king. We have had more service calls at this location
than any other in the entire group [5 and counting]. Oddly enough we
keep having the same problem, Calibration issues. I personally
replaced this machine the last time I was there - the ENTIRE UNIT, and
now, as af by magic, the new unit has suffered the same problem twice
since. DEU anyone? [Defective End User - for the non-techs among us]
Nope, it has to be our fault, installing crappy equipment that -
according to the manager "will never work right". Never mind the
hundreds of identical units that are working flawlessly, *this* one is
somehow a lemon, twice. Ugh.