DML BBQ - ice cream + car show?

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 22:18:12 EDT

  Hi BBQers,

   I just thought of something the other day and wanted to bring
it up to see if there was any interest. There is an ice cream shop
about 10-12 miles from DML HQ that has a cruise-in every friday
night from 6-9pm. It is usually fairly well attended, depending
on what the weather looks like it is doing; on a slow night there
are about 40-50 cars, but its often up near 80. Mostly classics,
muscle cars, some exotics like Vipers, Cobras, weird one-off
creations, etc. however there is often some late model stuff too,
I have seen a new Mustang there, Scion, PT Cruiser, Neon, etc. so
they don't seem to be fussy; its pretty laid back. Anyone who brings
a vehicle gets a ticket and is put into the drawing for some money
and door prizes; there's no fee to enter. I thought it might be
fun to roll in there with a bunch of Daks (muddy Daks maybe?) ;-)

  Anyway, that was just something that occured to me. They have
an ice cream shop there which also sells some food items like
burgers, hot dogs, etc. I'm not sure if this is something that
would replace the regular ice cream stand, or if this could be an
alternative to the usual ordering a pizza or grilling on Friday
night? Or if nobody is interested, we can not go at all - I don't
want to sound like I'm pushing the idea, its just that I only
recently found out about the cruise-in and its kinda neat,
especially for a rural area like this for it to draw such a wide
variety of vehicles - I've seen some pretty cool stuff there.

  Even if we did decide this is something we might want to do,
it would be somewhat weather dependant; I don't know if they
still hold the cruise-in during inclement weather, but even if
they do the turnout would probably be really low. The one
time I was there when it was down to about 40-50 cars, it had
been threatening to rain all day.

   Anyhoo, I just wanted to toss that out there for everyone
to mull over before I forgot; now back to your regularly
scheduled programming... :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'