Firing Stroke

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 19:55:03 EDT

When the dot on the crank sprocket is at 12 o'clock and the dot on the cam
sprocket is at 6 o'clock and the exhaust valve has just closed, is that TDC
on the firing stroke? Or is it when they are both at 12 o'clock and the
intake valve has just closed, that's TDC on the firing stroke? It would
seem to me that it's when the intake valve has just closed that it would be
the firing stroke, but I've figured thing out wrong many times before :)
This is info for my rebuild so please answer only if you're sure :)

Thanks again,
James