Re: Inspirational movies, quotes

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 20:43:14 EDT

Traci Pearson wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just finished watching "The Replacements," one of my favorite movies.
> Granted, it's fiction, but it still inspires me, not just in life but in
> racing (and is racing not a metaphor for life?).
>
> The movie also has one of my favorite sports quotes: "Pain heals, chicks
> dig scars, glory lasts forever." (Do guys did scars? Cuz if they don't,
> I may be screwed...)
>
> So, I thought I'd ask all of you what your most inspirational sports
> movies and quotes were. In my movie cabinet, I've also got "Cool
> Runnings," "Mystery, Alaska," and my absolute favorite, "Gumball Rally."
> On my personal list I'd also include "Rudy."
>
> I couldn't be paid enough to put "Driven" on my list.
>
> So, what turns you people on to out there and do your best, no matter
> what? What quotes keep you going when it seems everything is going to crap?
>
> Thanks!
> Traci

Lifes little headaches starting to get to ya Traci? I know the feeling :)

I could answer thos two ways - and I will heh - the smart ass in me says
one of my most favored quotes is from a Rob Zombie song:

"Why don't you ask me what it feels like to be a freak?"

Also love Nicholson's line from A Few Good Men "You CAN'T HANDLE the TRUTH!"

But the one thats most inspirational to me was from a person not famous
at all - my grandfather - he always said "If you are going to do a job,
do it right the first time". I apply that work ethic to every job I do.
  And I settle for nothing less than perfection - - or the best job that
I could possibly do given the resources. Because as we all know -
perfection is impossible.

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *2* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/