Hurricane at DML HQ!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 18:14:40 EDT

  Ok, so maybe it wasn't a hurricane, but its about as close as we
come in these parts. A storm just came out of Lake Erie and caught
everyone by surprise. It was moving across the ground at about 50mph.
I heard the thunder coming and went to park the convertible in the
garage, and just *barely* got it inside before getting dumped on.
I have no idea what the wind speeds were but they had to be 60-80mph.
I ran down to the barn (dodging dropping tree branches on the way) to
close the door, got there within 20 seconds of the rain starting, but
the inside was already soaked. Even the interior of my Cuda got rain
in it, and it was parked in the barn, 35-40 feet from the door. My welder
and plasma cutter got blown 5 feet across the floor, and there was water
everywhere. The gutters from one half of the house are set up to drain
into a pond behind the house, it exits out of a 4" piece of PVC, which
had a solid 4" diameter stream of water pouring out of it. The steel
pole that my windsock is on got bent, and the windsock itself was shredded.
I think we may have just had more rain in 10 minutes than we've received
all year.

  So anyway, so much for a dry BBQ - there be mud and water aplenty
here now! ;-)

Looks like they are still calling for sunny and 80s for thurs-sat
though, so we should have some good weather during the BBQ itself.
I hear there are some pretty severe storms in the Ohio valley,
good luck to Tom and Josh on your trip out; looks like you will
probably have to go through some rain to get here.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'