Re: BBQ - new guy chimes in

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 10:38:04 EDT

Michael Maskalans said:

> I seem to have come away unscathed which I'm quite happy about - well,
> except for the jurry rigged throttle cable on the buggy and a....
> "relocated" tail light after standing it up on it's tail right before I
> loaded it up down in the ravine to the right of the airstrip =) And
> I've got all these bug bites on my feet! I can only guess it was while
> I was passed out on friday night =)

I'm suprised that there are only bug bites on your feet. You were pretty
passed out. I figured you'd have them on every piece of exposed skin.

> Thanks so much for hosting, Jon & family, and to everyone else who came
> out and made it such a success! Special thanks to whoever came up with
> the mcmuffin idea saturday morning and to Josh for executing it!

The mcmuffins were my idea as well. I wanted an english muffin and since
there wasn't any butter to be seen, I decided to fry up some eggs and bacon
to put on one. Everyone else was hungry too so they went like hotcakes.

> I wonder how many single seat buggys will show up in the next year or two.

I'm sure going to try and get one made. Sheena apparently is very excited
about this idea and has told me about a few friends she's got who work in the
motorsports industry, and a close friend of the family who owns a bike shop
who might be able to get me some discounted parts and stuff. It's looking
pretty hopeful. Once I get those CAD drawings from Colin I'll be able to get
started modifying them to get something that I'll actually fit inside of. It
should be fun, and I'll make the plans available for all the DML to view
(once they're done) if there's interest.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com