Re: [now] Offroad buggies [was] new guy chimes in

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 00:43:53 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:

> Brian Fitchett said:
>
>>Nothing like having an overpriced engine that has to be fixed all the
>>time and continually leaks oil. (c: It would be cool, but a used honda
>>V-twin engine (I am partial to the 1800 myself) would have more
>>horsepower, look cool, not leak AND be reliable. True it wouldnt sound
>>the same... but is sound more important than performance?!?
>

> and it would be fuel injected most likely which will probably end up being
> important as it'll be tipped over climbing up stuff probably. I had actually
> thought about using a honda or kawasaki 4cylinder mated to a motorcycle trans
> that has reverse. There has to be someone out there that makes a bike with
> reverse.

the right carb means no issues. that Briggs has a single side draft
carb on it and it'll keep running upside down. or at least I had to hit
the kill switch when I stood it up on it's back, at any rate....

also, I prefer quiet. the better the muffler the happier I am. I would
NOT want to be in that place we go with a harley exhaust. drawing
attention audibly is a bad thing. that's what the visual is for....

I've personally been dreaming of a nice torquey V-twin superbike engine
like Suzuki's 1L piece. Trouble being no reverse in the gearbox, and
the gearbox+engine are one piece.