Re: RV towing with your Dak?

From: Ed McCarrick (edmccarrick@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 22:32:02 EDT

--- Don <y2kota@y2kota.us> wrote:

> Now I have 3.55, hoping to get 3.92 or 4.10s. not
> sure, any thoughts if
> the 4.10 would be to much?
>
> Looking at the "260 RBS" made by Coachmen, Its what
> I call a "Empty
> Nest" style. Queen size bed and no other full time
> time beds. The sofa
> and dinette turn into beds. Just right for a
> grandchild or two someday
> :-)

http://www.coachmenrv.com/tow/captiva/old_floorplans.htm

Hey Don,

I used to tow a 30' Fleetwood Ultralte trailer that
was about 4200 lbs empty with my '00 QC 4x4 4.7 ( with
3.92). It towed it fine, but the trips were pretty
stressful at times. The truck handled it fine but it
did sway a bit on the highway especially as I
approached a tractor trailer from behind. I do have to
agree with Jason they are big aerodynamic drag,
especially in a head wind. Coming back from OshKosh,
while towing, I was in a head wind and I could have
sworn the breaks were sticking, but it was just the
drag.

 Now I tow a Fleetwood popup (2300 lbs empty) and I
can get tires to chirp in first lol That captiva
looks like a nice unit. Have fun.

Ed

Yahoo! Mail