Upper control arm bushings

From: Chocolate Salty Balls - CSB - (csb_jk@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 15:57:42 EDT

I had my truck in the shop today getting the upper ball joints replaced and
they told me that my upper control arm bushings are bad. Basically worn out
and can cause some unwanted noise and friction down there.

It was going to cost $650 to do.

Screw that. I'm fairly handy and have ordered the parts from o'reilly at a
cost of $32. I have a vice to press them in with, but my biggest concern is
getting the old ones out. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do
this? Pictures? Any information would be helpful.

Also, they told me that my "steering coupler" is not very tight. It's some
kind of telescoping universal joint that attaches the top and bottom half of
my steering. I can't seem to find one to buy anywhere. Does anyone know
where I might procure one of these?

Thanks in advance.

Sam