Re: Upper control arm bushings

From: Eric Hufstedler (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 16:23:00 EDT

> I had my truck in the shop today getting the upper ball joints replaced

> I'm fairly handy and have ordered the parts from o'reilly at a
> cost of $32. I have a vice to press them in with, but my biggest concern
> is
> getting the old ones out. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to
> do
> this? Pictures? Any information would be helpful.

The way i do it on the older moppars (and i think the bushing are similar
on the daks) is to use various pipes and pipe fittings with big washers
(if needed). Then a threaded rod and a deep well socket on my air impact
wrench.

Hard to describe, but you are mimicing the 2nd tool from the right:

http://moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/155_mopars_suspension_brakes_parts/index3.html

(click on the suspension picture to make it bigger)

http://moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/155_0404_parts_6_s.jpg

Anyway, sorry if this isn't useful on the dak.

eric