MPG again....

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 21:24:11 EDT

Well, I've fixed my A/C. Seems that the body shop forgot to add the orfice
tube after they installed the new condenser. Now it cools better than new.
I can get it down to 42* out of the vents on a 100* day. Mighty nice in
east Texas.
Now on to another problem.
I went ahead and changed my plugs out from the AL 3924's to the 3923's to
see if i could up my MPG. I cleaned the TB and installed the new plugs and
it helped.
Now i'm getting 12.1 on the overhead. Funny thing is that if i do the math
by hand with the miles/gallons used it's 13.3.
I've never checked my overhead trip meter to see if it is right. I've owned
the truck since July of '97 and allways thought it was right.
Now the question is.. How do i calibrate the readings?
I assume the overhead reads off the TPS, MPH, and fuel level to achieve the
instant read out and the average MPG.
Could it be off from replacing my TPS? This is the only thing i could think
it would be. Everything else is the same other than the tires being 32's
instead of 31's.
Could i have a bad TPS?
--Hop
'97 CC 318 $x4 3" PA 3" Rancho